### Technical Lead (Senior Manager Level), Fair Trade USA
**2015 – Present**
Building effective teams by recruiting, supporting and coaching individuals. Particularly good at creating clarity from ambiguitiy and keeping teams moving through continuious introspection, communication and right sized process and tools. I am a highly user focused engineer that can quickly understand and appreciate user needs and find solutions that are technically well integrated, buildable and supportable.
**Accomplishments to date**
- Managing a team of staff and consultant web application, Salesforce and QA engineers
- Responsible for designing and developing secure and scalable platforms, applications and system integrations
- Delivered the organization's [core tech product](https://partner.fairtradecertified.org/) which is the primary interface for our partners
- Introduced Scrum to the organization, providing agile coaching and leading teams as a Scrum Master
- Migrated dispersed application assets to a modern build, deploy and hosting platform powered by Kubernetes
### Technical Lead, Parallel Public Works
**2013 – 2015**
Utilized Scrum skills to manage Drupal website development projects for government and non-profit clients. Managed development and production hosting environments for long term clients. Recruited and managed contract developers.
- Led development and site building of Drupal sites
- Architected and utilized Scrum skills to manage the development and launch of several large and complex sites
- Developed a text-to-give product including integration with Twilio and Stripe APIs and Arduino driven physical outputs - migrated product to load balanced and fault tolerant environment on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Migrated all client sites from shared hosting service to the Red Hat Openshift PaaS
- Migrated all client and internal source code from Subversion to Git
### Non-Profit Technology Advisor
**2002 – 2015**
Supported non-profits in the areas of custom web development, web CMS, Salesforce CRM configuration and management, network engineering, and server and desktop support.
- Designed and developed a new website for [www.cityfruit.org](http://www.cityfruit.org) using Drupal, Bootstrap and AngularJS. Site includes a Salesforce integration, user friendly content editing tools and automated Git deployment to the Openshift PaaS
- Implemented a Wordpress site with Click & Pledge donation API integration for One By One at www.fightfistula.org (offline)
- Migrated One By One to Salesforce for donor management integrated with Click & Pledge for ecommerce
### Senior Technology Project Manager, King County
**2010 – 2013**
Managed multiple large IT projects, both new application development and commercial off the shelf system implementations, from requirements and business case development to procurement and implementation.
- Managed $1.5 million project to procure, configure and implement a new organization-wide asset management system
- Developed curriculum and trained users
- Designed and delivered multiple system integrations with new Oracle Financials and PeopleSoft HR systems
- Developed user interface designs and delivered as flowcharts, wireframes and functional prototypes
- Implemented technical solutions as needed using knowledge of various platforms and development technologies
### Web Application Developer, King County
**2005 – 2010**
Designed and developed data driven web applications using ColdFusion and MS SQL Server.
**10th Place – 2014 Salesforce Hackathon — Force.com and Heroku Category**
As a team of one, created a Leaflet [map-based app](https://github.com/kaypro4/harvestable) that leveraged the Salesforce, Twitter and Twilio APIs to connect in real-time locally harvested fruit with organizations that can distribute it.
## Community Contributions
**Board Member, City Fruit: 2012 – 2015**
Non-profit that promotes the cultivation of urban fruit in order to nourish people, build community and protect the climate
**Board Member, Pomegranate Center: 2004 – 2006**
Non-profit committed to improving the lives of underserved communities through the creation of community designed and built gathering spaces
**Technology Mentor, FosterClub: 2015**
Mentored junior web developers as they entered the technology job market
**University of Washington**
BA Community, Environment and Planning – College of Architecture and Urban Planning, 2000
**Certified Scrum Master, 2013 - Present, License #000238925**
Available upon request